Monday 17 August 2009

Cadburys Curly Wurly

First up, an email to Cadburys Chocolate via their website with a concern about everyone's childhood favourite the 'Curly Wurly':


Hi,

Just the other day past, I walked into a generic shop for some wares. I decided, as the canny shop-owner has no doubt pre-envisaged, to purchase a "Curly-Wurly" as they were conveniently placed near the payment counter.

Imagine my disappointment as I closed in on said chocolate delight; as I thought it was much further away from me than it was...could this be an optical illusion? No, unfortunately it was not - the sticky tangle of chocolate and toffee was actually tiny in my hands.

Can you please confirm that the C.Wurly has depreciated in volume over the years? As if not, and the curly-wurly I remember from a decade ago is the same in shape, size and stature to the one I came across that unforgettable morrow...then I fear I am suffering from some form of gigantism, and would require immediate medical attention.

Yours Worryingly,

Doctor Duke Guy

==============================================

From: consumer.relations1@[removed].com
Date: 2009/7/28
Subject: Re: 1541496A
To: doctordukeguy 'at' googlemail dot com



Thank you for your recent email in which you express concern about Cadbury Curly Wurly.

Most confectionery products have developed over many years and market research will sometimes indicate that minor changes to the way a product is produced will further enhance the flavour and therefore become more popular as a result.

In this instance however, no significant changes have been made to Cadbury Curly Wurly size. Cadbury values comments from our consumers and we thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us.

No comments:

Post a Comment