Sunday 5 December 2010

Sony Playstion America


This is to Sony Playstation America. A bit of background - I moved to the US and I have an online account with Sony for playing PS3 online. However, you cannot change the registered country so it's screwed me over when it comes to connecting - especially to the EA games


From: doctordukeguy 'at' googlemail dot com
Date: 12/03/2010 07:09 AM
Subject: Online Account Change
To: [Via Sony PS website]


Hi,

I have just moved to the US from the UK (have to move where the work is these days) and I have obviously brought my PS network online ID with me...great move! It's a pretty unique name which I'm known for in online communities, not just the PSNetwork - my username is: [my online username]

..see! no numbers or special characters, it's pretty awesome. Anyway, I bought a new PS3 when I arrive in the US..it was one of the first things I bought, even though I don't have a car, or a permanent place to live - I have a PS3, so everything is going to be just fine.

Now, however, I have a problem - my PS3 thinks that I'm in the UK, I'm assuming that's because my online name was registered there. I can't find a way to change it as the country is greyed out in the account options. Can you change this for me please? I can't log into the EA servers for NHL11 (or, I would imagine - any other game) because my EA account does not match the same country as my PSnetwork one, leaving me - in essence - with only half a game's worth of content if I can't get online.

Thanks, I really appreciate your time - keep up the good work!

Regards,

Doctor Duke Guy

===============================================

From: playstation@mailnj.custhelp.com
Date: 3 December 2010 10:09
Subject: Hi, I have just moved to the US from the UK
To: doctordukeguy 'at' gmail dot com


Reply from SONY:

Hello Doctor Guy,

I am pleased to know that the PlayStation(R)Network and PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system are serving your gaming needs well. As well, the kind words are appreciate.

Please know however, that once the account is created and the region is saved to our server it cannot be edited or changed.

To access Electronic Arts' servers for NHL11 you may need to create a new account.

I do apologize.


Regards,
Shebvon A.



===============================================



From: doctordukeguy 'at' gmail dot com
Date: 3 December 2010 12:08
Subject: RE: Hi, I have just moved to the US from the UK
To: playstation@mailnj.custhelp.com

Hi again,

I have had this online account for years and now I am supposed to abandon it because I've moved countries? I can't imagine to tell you how much this has affected my admiration for Sony Playstation and it's people.

What you are suggesting is tantamount to moving to the US and then being told that I have to change my name because 'John Smith' is a UK name just wont work over in the US - I feel that you are discriminating against me because of my nomadic lifestyle. A company such as yours really should be fair and not discriminate against anyone because of their background. It's bordering on racism.

Please, just go onto the servers and change my account to a US one - wipe the whole thing clean if you have to...or just delete the whole account and then tell me that you have done so, so that I can re-register using the same username. That should be easy - it will probably be, press TRIANGLE, then move down to 'delete' press X then select press X again on OK when it asks 'You are about to delete [my online username], are you sure?'. Then CIRCLE a few times and you'll be back to the main screen.

Thanks! Let me know when you have done either so I can continue to live my life without prejudice.

Doctor Duke Guy

===============================================


From: playstation@mailnj.custhelp.com
Date: 6 December 2010 09:44
Subject: Hi, I have just moved to the US from the UK
To: doctordukeguy 'at' gmail dot com

 Thank you for writing us regarding changing the country on your PlayStation(R)Network account and we apologize for any inconvenience. Unfortunately, once a PlayStation Network account has been created, the country/region of residence cannot be changed. If you would like to use a different country/region of residence, you will have to create a new PSN account.

The following Knowledge Center article will give you more information on how to create a new account on your PlayStation(R)3 computer entertainment system:

Article Title: Using different Sign-in IDs (E-mail)
Article Link: http://playstation.custhelp.com/app/...etail/a_id/348

Keep in mind that you will not lose your current account. You can have more than one account, however, in order to access the North American PlayStation Network, you will need to register an account with a U.S. or Canadian address.

Regards,
J. Carrillo


===============================================


From: doctordukeguy 'at' gmail dot com
Date: 6 December 2010 14:01
Subject: RE: Hi, I have just moved to the US from the UK
To: playstation@mailnj.custhelp.com

Hi,

Thanks for the information - however, this is the same information that you sent me the last time. The account - [my online username] - is mine, I've had it for a long time (check the records). As such I want the account deleting from the Sony Playstation network...completely.

Once you have done that I will register the name again at my new location in the US. I fail to see how this is hard to do or understand- just delete the account so I can re-register the name in North America. I don't want another account name, the one I have is the one I want to use.

Remember your slogan - 'It only does everything' well either you remove my account from your system or change my account to North America - or you will have to change your slogan to something that isn't a lie...maybe: 'it only does everything apart from if you move countries and then it only does half the things it did before' - admittedly, it's a little more convoluted - but it's infinitely more accurate.

Please do not email me back with the same information, I'm looking for solutions, not problems.


Thanks,

Doctor Duke Guy

No comments:

Post a Comment